Ultimate SEO On Page Ranking Factors
Many people has not sufficient information about on page ranking factors of 2014 and they are still running behind only Meta tags and keywords density. Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving visibility of your website in search engine but many spammers keep on searching the new ways to creak algorithm for getting ranking in it. This is why search engine are bend to keep update their algorithm to produce better search experience. Google is doing extremely well in this means by keep improvise in search engine algorithm to produce best result for their users. You need to check difference between traditional SEO vs New SEO. This on page optimization guide will help you to make your website more search engine friendly especially for Google’s search engine –
Frequency of Websites Updates
In the past year it was not difficult to achieve ranking of website that don’t get update. It has been assumed that updated website get more preference in compare of websites that don’t updates. We can also find that content quality now varying on text, images, videos, info graphics, and other media. Google is behaving like a human and giving appropriate results for their users as Hummingbird is one of major update by Google that do not find only the keywords in content but the answers of user search query.
Such updates also inspire people to keep update pages on website that helps to find out answers for online searchers. If Google find your page/post as the best answers for the user query then you will get higher placement in search engine for users query.
Google Authorship Integration
Google Authorship is a way of verifying relation between content and author; it should be awarded to any individual author. It’s currently unknown how author rank help in search engine ranking but still we highly force to add this trick in on page ranking factors. There is some other proven benefits is authorship markup, which results in the author’s Google+ profile image being shown next to the search result. It has been proved that people click more on search result that come with author profile and it also draw the eye, attracting more clicks.
Value of Content –
Another ranking factors is most important and since decades ruling in search engine optimization. Many marketers has lot of confusion about value of content even I have read many threads like “I have written unique and useful content but has no ranking in search engine” or “why I am not getting ranking even I use fresh content” or “How to measure value of content” etc… All of these questions are hidden behind of your content usability. The best result can be come with some question while you ask himself as a content reader –
- Does your content generate interest for readers?
- Would you like to share this content in your community?
- Is your content trust-able, original and accurate?
- Calls to action and Engagement, Have you cleared what action the reader/viewer has to take?
Believe me the above question will give you correct suggestions that will lead you in successful content marketing. Whenever we talk about the on page ranking factors we can never neglect the keywords in content and its placement.
Finally, we have schema.org to ensure you have an optimized video, images, dress etc.
URLs is another point in search engine ranking that leading since decades and still we can see that most of all search engine are giving high preference to keywords reach statics URLs. It’s very effective when you add keywords in URLs for targeting some low competitive keywords or some local keywords. A common rule of thumb is to keep URLs less than 110 characters.
Keywords in Title Tags
Optimizing a correct title is best practice in 2014 that helps a lot to improve ranking in Google and almost all search engines. There are some characteristics can be remark for great title like – it should be Relevant to page, high volume Keywords in title, 56 -60 Character length, Call to action, Unique to other pages, Avoid keywords stuffing. Keep remember one thing that Google will select the best title for your search snippet – and it will take that information from numerous sources, NOT just your.
Keywords in H1 Tags
We can’t ignore Heading tags in on page ranking factors as it’s also an important place where we can place our keywords to get more attention in search engines. The h1 to H6 tags of a page give users a quick overview of the content and page that make easy for them to understand page in better way. It’s not only helpful for search engine ranking but also important to attract the visitor’s eyes and give clear idea of page and action that need to be taken. Characteristics is good heading is bit similar to heading tags. Lets see what Matt Cutts says about keywords placement –
It makes sense if a) it’s easy for you to do in your content management system, and b) the keywords are useful and descriptive–definitely don’t overdo it.”
- Keywords Density – Keyword density is the percentage of keywords appears on a page compared to the complete number of words available on the page. Keyword density use as a factor in determining search engine ranking and way to measure a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or not.
- Keyword prominence- Keywords prominence refers to the placement of keywords within a Web page. Placement may be in the page content, header section, Meta tags, URLs, or any place of a sentence.
- Keyword Proximity – Keyword proximity is known as the mixture of the density of a keyword and the prominence. So it looks at the placements of the keyword in the sentence and how often it’s being used in that sentence and it also looks distance between them. Look at the live example of Wikipedia page –
Internal link Structure
Internal Links are links on website that target the other pages of same website. The architecture of any website defines how information is flow on the site. Search engine recommend hierarchal format that lead to best site structure and help in improving crawling rate of website. Internal linking is the best practice that includes how your site presents information and how users find your important pages.
In term of image optimization, there are three things to take care. Firstly the image name second size and last alt tags. Image name should be relevant to image as designer don’t care of image name and put any value for image name like – image.jpg, first.jpg etc. This makes no sense to express image, you can put some keywords too in image but do it smartly never act like spammer. Second thing is size, some image can be very heavy and might take more time to get load. So you need to optimize heavy images without effecting on pixels of images, one can use Google page load speed, Yslow. Last is alt tags, ALT Tags are invisible descriptions of images which are read by search engines it’s another place where you can put some keywords smartly.
In early days alt tags were most important factors in search engine ranking. The back links from exact match keywords was surety in improving ranking on website. But since Google start over optimization penalty it has lost his importance as it was in previous days. However, we cannot completely ignore this practice as still it has positive effect when it’s done nicely. Webmaster need to add anchor so users can jump to specific location on website. One need to optimized anchor text nicely and don’t afraid use keywords in anchor tags while you are creating links in your own website but still keep in mind usability of the particular anchor link.
Improving Website Accessibility
There is no use of above SEO practice if search engine or users can’t find your website or content. There are many things to ensure for SEO –
- Robots.txt – Manually check the robots.txt file, and make sure it’s not restricting access to important sections of your site. You can also use your Google Webmaster Tools account to test URLs that are being blocked by the file.
- HTTP Status Codes – You need to create 410 or 404 soft error pages that have been removed from your server. If you have place a new page instead of old page then use 301 to redirect old page to new page.
- XML Sitemap – XML sitemap is useful when you have to get fast indexing in search engine. Make sure that you have been submitted xml site map in webmaster account. You can also create more then one site map and submit them by category.
- Website Speed Performance – Keep one thing in your mind about visitors, if your site takes too long time get load, they will leave and will not click again for your website. We can find many tools to analysis website speed like Google Page Speed, pingdom and YSlow.
- Broken Links – Broken links are dead links of the website or the links that don’t response to users and search engine. You can go with Xenu’s Link Sleuth to find out broken links of website or can check broken links in Google webmaster account too.
What Do You Think?
I would LOVE to hear your suggestion, comments, and questions.
Image courtesy of KROMKRATHOG / FreeDigitalPhotos.nethttps://www.theseoink.com/ultimate-seo-on-page-ranking-factors-2014/https://www.theseoink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/on-page-ranking-idea.jpghttps://www.theseoink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/on-page-ranking-idea-300x282.jpgInternet Marketing TipsSEOMany people has not sufficient information about on page ranking factors of 2014 and they are still running behind only Meta tags and keywords density. Search Engine Optimization is the process of improving visibility of your website in search engine but many spammers keep on searching the new ways...Vikas AroraVikas Aroravikas.firstname.lastname@example.orgAdministratorVikas Arora is a search marketing expert and SEO strategist for Outshine Solutions. Vikas has been practicing SEO for five years and has built a track record of getting websites ranked in the top in even the most competitive environment.THE SEO INK